8.14.2010

postheadericon Thrivers Wanted


This blog is for Christian women in or around their 30’s who want to thrive in their roles. To thrive means to grow vigorously. I know that sounds exhausting but so does barely surviving. It seems to me that most 30somethings are in one of those categories (except those who don’t aspire for much). If you only react to your ever growing number of responsibilities and increased pace of life, your head will barely bob above water, but if you can stay just one step ahead of yourself and think through life before it pummels, you have a chance at thriving. And that is my purpose in writing. I want to help you live a well thought through life. This is my passion and my invitation…I’m looking for some Ladies to thrive with me!

Thriver is its noun form. I think it takes 3 components to become one:


1. Devotion to Christ – you can’t be your own lord anymore. From initial conversion to daily growth, our hearts must be surrendered to the Lordship of Jesus Christ. If you get this wrong, you can still “thrive” temporally, but definitely not eternally. And the temporal thriving will be an illusion anyway.
2. Aim – a focus, a direction. Lots of women genuinely love Christ, but they have no understanding of the big picture of scripture or of their life and so they float ignorantly instead of stepping intentionally.
3. Resilience – the ability to bounce back. The consequences of sin and the presence of evil are all around us because redemption is not yet complete. So if we can’t bounce back when trials hit, our potential for growth is quite limited.

0 comments:


Follow 30Thrive

Followers

Powered by Blogger.